Aka TheNewportFamilies! Connecting 4000+ families since 2010!
Join Liberty Science Center’s Live From Surgery Team for our final live stream presentation before we take a break for the summer: Extract DNA at Home!
On June 30 at 1 PM, head to Liberty Science Center’s Facebook page and get an intro to genetics. During this program, you’ll even learn to extract DNA yourself – from a strawberry!
Feel free to watch or follow along with our live presenter. If you’re following along with us, you’ll need these materials:
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄3 cup rubbing alcohol
• 1⁄3 cup of water
• 1 tablespoon liquid soap (such as dishwashing detergent)
• Metal strainer (or funnel with paper towel, cheesecloth, or coffee filter in it)
• Drinking glass (or plastic cup)
• 3 strawberries (highly recommended, but can be done with other fruits such as banana, kiwi)
• Large sandwich sized zip-top plastic bag
• Toothpick (or bamboo skewer)
This live stream is free to all viewers! Be sure to like Liberty Science Center on Facebook to keep up with our weekly live streams.
We are grateful to the supporters and members who make this learning possible via a donation to Liberty Science Center. Click here to support LSC today: https://bit.ly/2ZECkYH