Connecting 4300+ families!
Congrats on the birth of your child! Before you plan on traveling to India or internationally with the child you will need a passport to his/her name.
Applying for a passport is very easy. You can apply at the nearest post office or at a Regional Passport Agency. According to the NewportMommy members - Expedited processing takes 2-3 weeks, normal is 4-6 weeks.
List of Nearest post offices: For other locations click here
|Facility Name||Street Address||City||State||ZIP Code||Public Phone||Distance|
|HOBOKEN POST OFFICE||89 RIVER STREET||HOBOKEN||NJ||07030||2016593017||0|
|HUDSON COUNTY PASSPORT DIVISION||257 CORNELISON AVE||JERSEY||NJ||07302||2013693470||0|
|JERSEY CITY MAIN POST OFFICE||69 MONTGOMERY STREET||JERSEY CITY||NJ||07302||2019157041||0|
Paperwork you will need is as follows:
1. Complete Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport
2. Submit Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport In Person
3. Submit Child's Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
4. Submit Evidence of Relationship Between Child and Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
5. Present Identification of Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
6. Submit a Photocopy of Each Parent/Guardian ID Document To Be Presented (Step 5)
7. Provide Parental Consent
8. Pay the Applicable Fee
9. Submit One Passport Photo
Where to get passport picture clicked:
Most post offices or Regional passport agencies can click the picture for your baby- They will charge a lot more than the below places but are an easier option during the winters.