Check out our updated list of over 50 places that are worth visiting this summer - click on links to read more and fill your calendar with fun day trips all summer long!
JERSEY SHORE LINE BEACHES
- Point Pleasant Beach, NJ: Complete with boardwalk, aquarium, skee ball and rides ( Carry your own food) – While you are there checkout Jenkinson’s Aquarium
- Sandy Hook, NJ - 7 mile beach rated in the Top Five Beaches for Families in NYC.
- Long Branch, NJ - Boardwalk, great restaurants, shopping – Checkout Oceanfest on July 4
- Ocean Grove Beach, NJ - Quiet and very clean beach in an elegant resort town
- Asbury Park – If you are looking for the less crowded experience, head to the north beach
- Spring Lake Beach – Pristine beaches with family friendly crowd
- Cape May, NJ: Not only are there gorgeous beaches, but there's a light house, old Victorian homes, nice shopping and dining, too.
- Atlantic City – The furthest but the one with the mostest fun. Not a daytrip but more an overnight stay. Casinos don’t allow kids so plan accordingly.
LONG ISLAND, NY BEACHES – Don’t own a car? MTA from Penn will take you there. Click here (Recommend only for folks who ‘love’ train rides and day trips.. Can get harrowing for families with babies/toddlers)
- Robert Moses State Park,– This is the traditional and quintessential Long Island massive beach that families have been going to since 1908
- Jones Beach State Park – Relatively cleaner compared to the Robert Moses Park
- Fire Island, NY - Make a weekend trip out of this. The place is far and a hike to get to but well worth it
- NY Aquarium and Coney Island Beach - Not a Long Island Beach but one that is closest to Manhattan and accessible by Subway. Easiest for mums that want to do a daytrip without being driven there.
- Victorian Gardens Amusement Park at Central Park
- Dutch Wonderland (Lancaster, PA) (Combine visit with Hershey park that is 40 mins away)
- Crayola Factory, Easton, PA
- Land of make belief, Hope , NJ
- Sesame Place - Family Amusement Park in Pennsylvania (Parade is a must see)
- Hershey park- Roller coasters, water rides and more ( Visit Hershey's Chocolate factory also)
- Waterworks Family Aquatic Complex, West Windsor
- Keansburg Amusement Park
- Coco Water Resort , Mount Laurel, NJ ( Indoor)
- Zoom Ziplines at Mountain Creek
- Sahara Sam's (West Berlin) (Indoor)
- Great Wolf Lodge (Scrotun, PA) (Indoor)
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (Allentown, PA)
PARKS, FARMS & ZOOs
MUSEUMS AND OTHER FUN PLACES
Know of any other great places that you have visited and want to recommend to other? Just list them below on the comments.